Video is a popular marketing tool in 2020, and with good reason; it’s easy to watch and, when done right, makes even tedious subjects interesting.
While the traditional TV advertising market is slowly becoming obsolete, the growth of online streaming platforms such as Netflix has proved that video as a medium is still a viable option. As such, any savvy company looking to showcase their offering and get it noticed by a vast global audience can benefit by creating video adverts designed to reach online audiences.
For some service-based businesses, a video might not seem like the ideal solution, but if used wisely as part of your Video Marketing strategy, the medium can help you to grow your reach and show your company in its best light.
Why Is Video Advertising So Important?
Video advertising is a growing market which shows no signs of slowing down. That’s because the content is easier to take in than written articles. Video content is particularly popular on social media platforms, as short-form videos are engaging and enjoyable to watch. Facebook, the world’s largest social media platform, is so confident that video is the future that an executive from the company predicted that in the future it might turn into a video-only platform.
So, while you might not think that expensive TV advert spots are worth the cost, online video advertising is a growing market which offers a cost-effective alternative. Online videos come in a variety of different forms. As such, they offer a flexible solution that businesses can tailor to their specific needs and the expectations of their target audience.
What Types Of Online Video Advertising Are There?
The internet has helped to create a wide variety of video advert types, including:
- Instructional videos: how-tos that show viewers how to complete a specific task using certain products
- Demonstrations: video adverts that show viewers how to use a specific product
- Brand videos: a brand video offers viewers an insight into your business, including your mission, vision and internal culture
- Interviews: many brands share interviews with team members and industry experts to showcase their expertise
- Animations: creating a quirky cartoon version of any of the above types of video is an inventive way to engage your audience and set your business apart from the rest
Adverts aren’t obvious any more; many companies use video advertising subtly, by sharing videos that appear to be giving information when actually they are marketing a product or service.
With so many types of online video content on the market, companies can adapt their video advertising strategy to suit their growth plan.
The Benefits Of Video Advertising
- It is popular with internet users
- There are many different types of video content for your business to choose from
- You can subtly market your products using video content
- Video content has the potential to go viral and become instantly recognisable
- Working with an experienced agency like ours means it’s easier than ever to create engaging video content for your business
If you want to get started using video marketing to grow your business, then get in touch, and the Kopa Marketing team will be happy to talk you through how video can help you achieve your digital marketing goals.